- Each contestant who wish to enter the contest/specials have three options:
- Upload video to KU Qualtrics at https://kusurvey.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71noSOmYcjHAp1Q
- If you have a Gmail account upload video to https://forms.gle/gv4fitTeZTjuVpbv7.
- If your file is too large or you do not have a Gmail account we can accept a YouTube link, within the allocated time period listed under each special/contest.
- No late entries will be accepted.
- Contestants must be over the age of 18 and a United States citizen.
- Judging will occur throughout the week once contests are closed.
Women’s Southern Cloth/Buckskin In Honor of Dr. Darryl (Tapedo) Monteau, Kiowa
- 3 Places – 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Video Submission Time – Sunday 4.4.21 3pm – 7pm CT
- 1 complete song- Cozad Family- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIctAypYbxM
Women’s Jingle FNSA Special
- Top 3 – $300 each
- Video Submission Time – Monday 4.5.21 3pm- 7 pm CT
- 1 complete song- Bear Creek- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B1XpvfStTh4
FNSA Hand Drum Contest
- Top 3 teams– $300 each
- Video Submission Time – Tuesday 4.6.21 3pm – 8 pm CT
- 3 person hand drum team required
- 2 push ups – 2 times through
Men’s Fancy Honoring Head Man Dancer, Xavier Little Head, Northern Cheyenne & Diné
- 3 Places – 1st $400, 2nd $300, 3rd $200
- Video Submission Time – Wednesday 4.7.21 3pm – 7 pm CT
- 1 complete song- Wild Rose- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOiHQzw9koA
Men’s Grass FNSA Special
- Top 3 – $300 each
- Video Submission Time – Thursday 4.8.21 3pm – 7 pm CT
- 1 complete song- Young Bear Singers- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmuZOCSyQOc
FNSA Solo Hand Drum Contest –
- Video submission time – Thursday 4.8.21 8pm CT – Sunday 4.11.21 12pm CT
- Video submission guidelines – post your video on the Facebook Event Page with your name and tribe(s) in the caption to be submitted to this contest
- Top 4 individuals – $225 each
- One man or woman only
- 2 push-ups — 2 times through
- Winners for this special will be announced Monday 4.12.21 on Facebook
- All winners will be announced via Facebook Premiere @FNSAatKU on Saturday April 10, 2021 at 1:00pm CT.
- After each special closes, judging occurs throughout the week.
- Once winners are announced, winners will be contacted to complete paperwork for payment (i.e. form W9).
- Once W9 is submitted, a paper check from the University of Kansas will be issued within 14 days of submission to the address listed on W9 by the winning contestant.
- FNSA is required by the University to document each payment provided to contestants and paperwork with winning contestants signature must accompany the request for payment to be processed.